CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The YGTLC organizing committee is calling for the participation of professionals, academics, and students. Approximately 200 highly-motivated young professionals and students are expected at this years YGTLC to present technical research or innovations in their field, participate in career and leadership development and networking sessions, and listen to speeches from distinguished industry and academic leaders.
Travel support and free lodging and meals for the three-day conference in the San Francisco metropolitan area will be provided for all active participants. The travel support includes airfare reimbursements for participants outside of the San Francisco area. (Must Apply by Late Application deadline to receive airfare support)
Awards and prizes will be given to outstanding lectures and poster presentations and essays. All accepted abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings.
- Demonstrated interest in issues related to 1.5 and 2nd generation Korean-American scientists and engineers.
- Professionals, academics, and students (professional/graduate or undergraduate junior/senior) in their 30s and 20s.
- Current member of KSEA at the time of registration. The cost is free for undergraduates, $15 for graduate students and $35 for professionals and regular members.
Unlike many other conferences, we ask that each of the participants be active participants, and contribute to the conference program. We encourage this because we feel that our best resources are the participants themselves. This is also a requirement to receive financial support; awards and prizes will be given to the best submissions. There are many avenues for participation:
- Career / Leadership Presentation Present a lecture or poster related to your career or an interesting experience.
- Essay Contest Enter the essay contest with a written article about your personal experiences or an introduction to your field, where winning essays will be published in the program booklet.
- Technical Presentation Present a lecture or a poster of emerging research topics, new trends in industry, or scientific topics of general interest.
- YG Chapter Officer/ Representative Presentation Participate as an officer of a KSEA student/YG chapter or as a young generation representative of a KSEA local chapter and present your chapter activities at the conference.
- "Innovative Minds Endless Possibilities" KSEA Business Venture Challenge Present your tech-business idea in front of Venture Capitalist judges and fellow participants.
Additional information for each of the above is listed in the avenues of participation page.
In addition to your avenue of participation, we encourage participants to become mentors and mentees. You will have a chance to sign up for our mentor program when you register for the conference. Students seeking a mentor or seniors and graduate students who are willing to mentor an undergraduate student are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
DATES & DEADLINES
We encourage you to apply by the priority due date. The Priority Applicants receive reduced registration fee ($25 for Priority Applicants / $50 for everyone else / non-refundable), early notification of acceptance (great for buying plane tickets), and priority for the application spaces. Late applications will be accepted according to space and funding constraints.
- Applications available: Wednesday, September 21, 2011
- Priority applications due: Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Priority acceptances sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Priority registrations due*: Friday, October 28, 2011
- Late applications due: Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Late acceptances sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Late registrations due*: Friday, November 18, 2011
(If you do not Register, submit Photo/Airfare Receipt, and complete the Participant Survey after this deadline, you will no longer have a guaranteed spot secured at the conference and we will no longer be responsible to reimburse your airfare)
Technical/career presentations, posters, and essays due: Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Lecture selection notifications sent: Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Local participant applications and submissions due**: Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Local participant acceptances sent: Sunday, December 4, 2011
Local participant registrations due*: Friday, December 9, 2011
Business Venture Challenge applications and submissions now due**: Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Business Venture Challenge conference registrations due*: Sunday, December 18, 2011
Business Venture Challenge finalists notifications sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2011
*Complete registration includes KSEA membership, plane ticket receipt, and photos. If you have any questions, please email us at: email@example.com
**Local participants and Business Venture Challenge entrants applying after November 2 will receive free lodging and meals but no travel support.
We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your contribution to the conference program!